Monday, 30 November 2009

Parisian Excursion

Back from Paris to a London with heavy rain warnings. Luckily, I purchased some boots in Paris that will come very much in handy. Of course, I can't afford to eat for the next month, as I went a bit over budget, but my feet are soooooo warm right now!


Beautiful Parisian leather boots. Very happy with my purchase. Donations to the 'Keep Louise's Feet Dry Fund' are kindly accepted.

Paris wonderful, but exhausted now, back at work on a Monday... Need a weekend to recover from the weekend!

Sooooo much walking, walking down avenues, up coppled lanes, up the Eiffel tower, down the Eiffel tower, up the Arc de Triomphe, down the Arc de Triomphe….

Friday we arrived late, around midnight. We arrived at our hotel, which was great. This neat old bulding literally across the road from the Hotel de Ville. We had a very small room, with double bed and shower. But it had a gorgeous balcony and all for only 46 euro a night, which is a bit of a bargain! We dropped our bags and went for a drink and a look around.

Woke up Saturday morning and went for breakfast (croissant and cafĂ© au lait) in this neat cobbled lane that was bustling with all these specialist food shops / markets that were open. Then we did Notre Dame, followed by Champ d’Elysees and Arc de Triomph. Lunch. The Champ d’Elysees had all these Christmas market stalls along it, selling chocolate and mulled wine and crepes, all delicious, so we wondered through those. Then we went to do the Eiffel Tower, but it was really raining so we decided to go home. It was quite late by this point, around 5ish, so we had a nap and got up and went for dinner around 8. We found this micro restaurant down the road, that was very intimate and cute. We had dinner there. It was lovely, Chris treated me to say thanks for the tickets. We had 3 courses and a bottle of wine and coffee. First time I’ve had a proper relaxed dinner since I moved over here!

Then, after, we were knackered, so we just headed home.

Sunday, we woke and went for breakfast (croissant and coffee) then headed for the Eiffel Tower. Then we went to the Louvre, but had lunch beforehand. Ended up being quite a drawn out affair, but was really, really good! Then Chris went to go to the Louvre and I returned to our suburb to do some shopping at all the young designer shops that were around our district. That's when I found the boots!

Then we packed up our stuff and headed to the train station. Our train was delayed by 30 mins, which was so annoying. I finally got in the door around midnight….

Going to be a very long day at work today, but hopefully can just collapse tonight!

The view from our hotel room balcony.

1 comment:

  1. Sure know how to make a girl jealour, cobble stones, 3 course dinner romances...croissants..the views...ohhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete