So, as it turns out, today is proving to be a very unproductive day at work. Yes, feeling a bit exhausted. Had a choc-a-blocka week last week, to the point where my lovely flat mate Yam, who is so relaxed that I’m never quite sure how if he would notice if a plane crashed into our flat, commented ‘you haven’t been around much’, which coming from Yam, is saying something.
This week hasn’t proved to be much quieter. Monday was spent at the races in Windsor, which was lovely! First visit to Windsor and I can assure you all it won’t be my last. We took the train to Windsor and then, had to take a short ride down the river to the races. Unfortunately, I didn’t win anything on the horses (clearly my first instinct approach is not very successful), but it was still a good night. But it was also a bit of a late night and I didn’t make it home till about midnight.
On top of this, London is currently having something of a ‘heatwave’. We’ve had a week of temperatures between 25 and 30 degrees every day, which is quite bearable, if you don’t have to go on the tube too much. However, as the sun doesn’t set till around 10pm, and the temperature is only dropping to around 19 degress overnight, there have been some very hot, sleepless nights. To try and cool my room down at night and make it slightly bearable to sleep in, I have been opening my big window. This brings up another problem. Big window open = more noise from busy Goldhawk Road. It has become an ongoing battle, which is worse, extreme noise from street traffic, or sweltering heat? But just like the infomercial, but wait, there’s more. To get the full benefit of having my window open, I have started to pull my blind. So for the past few nights I have been sleeping in a room that is marginally cooler, but still sweltering, filled with excessive noise from busy London street and light flooding in from street lamps that are no longer being blocked by my blind.
The result: very disrupted sleep since Sunday, which further results in a very grumpy and slightly pathetic Louise, who today, is proving to be very unproductive at work.
Bring on a holiday!
Yep, that’s right, 6 weeks after returning from my last holiday, I’m desperately in need of my next holiday, which as luck would have it, is next week. My Aunty Shelley and Aunty Wendy are both due to touch down in London at 4pm on Tuesday and I am literally counting down the minutes. I CAN NOT WAIT. We have a whirl-wind two weeks of travelling planned that will see us visiting Salzburg, York, Edinburgh and Paris.
I’m starting to have a last minute panic that I don’t have everything sorted. The house will need a good thrashing with the cleaning stick this weekend (which will be nicely timed as our new flattie, Paula, is moving in, and the bain of my life that is the Frenchie is out), I have to buy yet another air bed as my last purchase has a hole, plus there are of course more travel details to confirm, itineraries to print out, the list seems never ending and the energy levels seem non-existent.
Oh well, deep breath, I am sure I will get it all done, sort-of.
Thursday, 1 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment