I thought, while I had a spare moment at work, I would get in a sneaky post. I think, though do not fear, that the next few weeks are going to be quite busy.... In fact the business started last night when I babysat for a family in Kew.
This is the second time I have baby sat for the family and while it's not quite the same as babysitting for Claudia (Schiffer), I think Bill (the dad) is famous in his own right in the football world. The family is lovely and the two kids, Zoe and Zac are so easy to look after (cousins: take note). Plus, all earnings are going towards my 'holiday fund'. However, I didn't get home till 1am, which on a schoolnight, makes for a very tired Louise!
Alas, no time for rest. I have two housewarmings this weekend (Chris and Kate), one Friday, one Saturday and both East London. Which means I will spend most of my weekend travelling to and from the other end of London! However, I think it will be worth it, especially on Saturday, when July will be in attendance, all the way from NZ!
When not on the tube, travelling from one side of London to the other, the rest of my weekend will be spent cleaning the house in preparation for the parental-units (p-unit as my sister and I fondly refer to them) arrival on Monday.
Yes come 6.30am Monday, my parents are due to land at Heathrow and I have nobly offered to meet them at the airport. Which wouldn't be so bad, did I not have to meet and greet and then race back to work... where I start a new job! Yes, that's right. Parents land the same day as I start a new job!
The chaos doesn't stop there... After a whirlwind re-tour of London, the p-unit and I will fly out to Genoa on Easter Saturday to walk the beautiful Cinque Terra for a week. Not really sure what to expect, but by all accounts it will be beautiful. Which reminds me, must buy some appropriate walking shorts before we leave. Have decided that I don't want to be roaming around the Italian coast-side wearing tight and revealing yoga pants, alas they are the only shorts I have, so time to invest in some new shorts! Not quite sure when I will manage to pop out to buy some... Maybe can sacrifice eating food at lunchtime and pop to shops during work lunch break instead... Oh well will fit it in somehow.
Unfortunately, what I probably won't have time to fit in, is a post. Although, with the p-unit arrives my new macbook (tres exciting) which will make all things computer-based (skyping and blogging among those) much easier! Though, given that no-one actually reads this blog, that fact that I probably won't make another post until I return from Italy, probably won't make one-iota of difference....
Friday, 26 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is me posting to say i read you blog... mostly to see when i am to be mentioned but occasionally to see your comments on our activities!
ReplyDeletei can honestly say i have never used the term 'p-unit' in my life.. parental units yess.. you make them sound like a bad rapper!? gosh have i taught you nothing??!!
ReplyDeleteLie, blatant lie!
ReplyDelete