I had all these plans this weekend to get a blog done about my weekend. However, as they say 'the best laid plans of mice and men...'. All plans feel to the wayside as I have tackled an ever growing pile of work...
Now, it is Thursday and one day before I leave to Lisbon and I am wondering if there enough time and any point in posting a blog before I go to Lisbon.
Especially when I begin to think of the many things that I have to do before I leave for Lisbon and haven't done. These include
- Packing (really, quite a necessity). And it will have to be careful packing at that, considering that we're meant to be arriving in the midst of a storm.
- Organise all the documents and photos etc, etc necessary to get my passport renewed as soon as I arrive back. Despite that fact that my passport isn't due to expire till October, I need to get it done before I go to Italy in April. Meaning I need to send it off the day I arrive back from Lisbon. Well still on the list to do is fill in the form, get passport photos taken, organise return envelope... So basically everything!
The list isn't that long, but I'm out tonight - off to Tash's house in Mayfair for dinner with friends - so that leaves little time considering we fly out tomorrow morning. It shall all be done!
Anyhow... Back to the weekend! Saturday afternoon / early evening was spent in Covent Garden with Steph. The weather had been a bit mixed that day, but by the afternoon it seemed quite lovely. Settled and reasonably warm, we had lunch near Leicester Square then took a stroll around Covent Garden.
We stopped off at the Kiwi shop and looked at some rather ordinary products with extrordinary prices! A bag of pineapple lumps: £4. A packed of mallow puffs: £4. A K-Bar 35p (BARGAIN!). I couldn't bring myself to pay such ridiculous prices for any of the products, so passed. But Steph bought herself £8 worth, on only 3 items!
After a while we found a nice cafe in the courtyard and sat at an outdoor table. It's been a long time since I have been able to sit outside and have a drink withoug loosing feeling in my fingers!
We stayed and watched the sun to down, the warmth disappear and the rain start - London weather was back!
However, spring seems to have appeared this week and it has made things a lot more pleasant. Everywhere there shoots from daffodils popping up, signalling that full spring is only weeks, if not days away. It can not come fast enough.
If only we weren't headed into another storm in Lisbon. Oh well, will have to stay dry and warm in one of their famed pastelerias... It's a hard life!
Thursday, 4 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment