Had a wonderful Christmas over here. It was just me and my friend Charlotte. We bunked up in the house for the day and stuffed ourselves with food. Had the biggest Turkey ever. We only finally got rid of leftovers yesterday when I made a second turkey pie.
All is pretty much the same over here, working at RH in Ealing, living in She-Bu. Winter is starting to wind up, slowly, I hope... That being said, there was a very, very tiny tinkle of snow this morning. But really, it is nothing compared to the snow we have seen over the past few months, it's been quite incredible - and quite cold! It even snowed on New Years Eve, luckily the alcohol made it a bit warmer to be walking home in the snow in perhaps not entirely appropriate snow attire!
Work continues to tick along. My contract has been extended to mid-March, though I think they will keep me on till the end of March. I’m not quite sure what I will do after this, will be a bit of a transition period, though I am hoping something will come up at RH.
Charlotte is staying with me at the moment, which is very nice. She finally got a job late last year and has been house hunting ever since. After a few false starts, she finally found a place five minutes away from me and will be moving in next weekend.
Chris too is househunting at the moment and has found something out in uber cool Shoreditch (as only he could) and will make the move next weekend as well.
On the travel front, the next trip will be a 3-day weekend in Lisbon in early March. It's Charlotte's birthday so she, I and her friend Jake are going for the weekend. Then Mum and Dad come in late March and we are going to walk around the Cinqe Terre in Italy for a week. Depending on the job front I may go on to Rome and Siena with them also, but TBC. I've started babysitting again, which is the basis for my 'holiday fund', so it's very nice to have a bit of extra dosh so I can pop off when I wish!
Still loving London, though am a bit over the winter, well and truly ready for some sunshine. If Mum and Dad weren't coming in April, would probably be jetting off to Greece instead for some much, much needed sunshine! But there is loads to do! Last week we went to this comedy gig in a cute little bar that is underground (used to be a public toilet!), weekend before it was shopping at wholefoods and then a walk through Kensington Park.
Me in Kensington Park with the goodies we bought at Whole Foods.

i want to see some more pictures of charlotte - she sounds cool... also why did she "finally" find a job... two months is not that long to be unemployed for in the current economic climate
ReplyDeleteoh Lou-bear....I miss you "uber" cool sayings!! And highly support this blog....as an avenue for info on your little far away self!! Thanks...I will be a regular follower!! Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteCan I also just say...somethings NEVER change....Little miss Intinary, is now timetabling Christmas...organisation plus. Got to laugh, cracked up actually at that video. But it was so nice to see you, hear your voice etc. all the mushy stuff!!! Flat looks cute!! keep up the blogging videos classic
ReplyDelete