Monday, 22 February 2010

The Weather

Just to prove how English I am, I wanted to put a post about the weather.  Am trying to stay positive, but I am well and truly over this weather!  It seems we are going to have a particulary bad week of weather (check out the BBC forecast).  Today, I awoke to rain, which has yet to cease.  Plus the temperature seems to have plummeted again - high of 4 degrees today!  Wooo!   All in all, freezing and miserable. What a way to start the week.

We did manage to have some sunshine on Saturday, when I was out East.  I went out to see Chris's new house, which is just off Shoreditch High Street and in the heart of Hackney.  Yes, it is surrounded by council houses, yes, I do feel a bit nervous walking around at night, and yes, I do think I should be carrying a knife with me to ward off muggers - but yes, I have been assured, it is an uber cool area!

After visiting the new flat, I went and had lunch at a great Vietnamese restaurant with Kate, who also lives in Shoreditch.  I should probably point out now that all my social activities revolve around me eating, as the weather seems to have driven me into a 3-month long eating binge.  As I write this, I have a bag of pick and mix lollies in front of me - point proven!

To distract me from the miserable weather (and to use some of the salmon that doesn't fit in the freezer) Charlotte has invited me round for dinner... Just to illustrate the eating binge point again, will point out that I popped out in my lunch break and bought two very chocolatey (and very calorific) tartie thingie's for dessert. 

As Chris said to me on Saturday, "Louise, remember your RDI's"!

No comments:

Post a Comment